Typical things that Pharmacy Technicians do:
Read prescriptions and prepare medications for dispensing to patients.
Make sterile IV solutions for patients in hospital settings using aseptic technique.
- Assist customers by answering phones and questions.
- Operate cash registers.
- Locate items.
- Refer questions to a pharmacist, when necessary.
- Establish and maintaining patient profiles and prepare and process insurance claims and records.
- Maintaining robotic dispensing machines and other pharmacy equipment.
- Calculate and record charges for medication or equipment dispensed to patients.
- Deliver medications or pharmaceutical supplies to patients, nursing stations, or surgery.
- Understand prescriptions drugs; what they are used for, side effects, and dosage forms.